"Paris, The City of Light" Paris by roamer61

Paris Travel Guide: 22,628 reviews and 55,551 photos

I first went to Paris for 2 days as part of my Benelux trip in 2005. I returned in 2007 for a more thorough visit as part of a generalized trip to France. It is truly one of the great cities of the world. It is in the same category as New York, London and Rome.

The city is very large and has much to see and do. It is the second largest city in Europe after London. And with a history that dates back to Roman Times, several days are needed to really do the city justice, with its wealth of museums, monuments and historic sites. And of course, its food and entertainment.

• Pros:One of the Great Cities of the World
  • Cons:None
  • In a nutshell:Needs at least several days
  • Last visit to Paris: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2007

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM

stunning page about a city that I really love.;-)

• Herkbert's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Hi,, Enjoyed your paris pages and pics. We're heading back for Christmas week this year. And while I'm at it, Happy birthday!

• snuggie's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2008 at 2:13 AM

paris paris...i love paris..thanks for the infos :)

• ceswho's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Enjoyed your great tips! Paris, the city I can keep going back....an amazing city.

• thinking's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 1:44 PM

I enjoyed reading your Paris pages. It's always good to learn something new from a visitor. Merci!

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 1:33 AM

Hello Stephen, I see from your tips that we where on the same path in Paris. Quite good the renovated "Orangerie".

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Glad you included a tip on the Marais district. I used to live there (a long time ago) and enjoy going back.

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 9:45 AM

Steve, Wish I could spring for a meal at le Cinq, but will have to be satisfied with leTastevin. The photo of Paris looks exactly like it has been looking these last few days. Looking forward to the rest of your tips and photos.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2006 at 11:47 AM

Sounds like you saw almost all the highlights - but there is much more to discover - better start planning your return visit ; )

• Bushman23's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2005 at 6:11 AM

Definitely have to see Paris! Very good tips, awesome photo's, especially the one of the Eiffel tower. @nton

Badges & Stats in Paris