"Paris, The City of Light" Paris by roamer61
Paris Travel Guide: 22,922 reviews and 56,877 photos
I first went to Paris for 2 days as part of my Benelux trip in 2005. I returned in 2007 for a more thorough visit as part of a generalized trip to France. It is truly one of the great cities of the world. It is in the same category as New York, London and Rome.
The city is very large and has much to see and do. It is the second largest city in Europe after London. And with a history that dates back to Roman Times, several days are needed to really do the city justice, with its wealth of museums, monuments and historic sites. And of course, its food and entertainment.
- Pros:One of the Great Cities of the World
- In a nutshell:Needs at least several days
This massive complex was originally built in the 17th Century by Louis XIV to house and care for old, disabled and... more travel advice
This is one of the oldest parts of Paris and was also home to the main Jewish population. Amongst the numerous shops and... more travel advice
Written May 31, 2007
Other photos of Paris
Written May 30, 2005
Favorite Paintings from the Louvre
roamer61's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 27 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 88 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Florence Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue