"Pleasures and Interests" roamer61's Profile
Travel plans for 2015 are non-existent. Though am looking to spend a weekend in NYC come Spring. Therefore Costa Rica will again be the focus for my next foreign trip, early 2016 (April-May).
Updates will be indicated as events and time passes by.
Hello fellow Travellers. One of my passions is Birdwatching. The joy of observing our feathered friends was first sparked over 30 years ago when I first went to visit the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge in NYC. Years later, when I went to the Galapagos Islands, it not only was expanded upon, it became my number one hobby. Since then, its become part of my life. Many of my travels have in fact included Birdwatching. I also have a backyard feeder and have been a member of the local chapter of the Audubon Society which conducts walks every sunday from mid August to May. To watch birds in the wild give one a true appreciation of the wild creatures we share the earth with.
Here are the top 9 birding destinations I personally still would like to go to. I have divided them into North and Middle American and Foreign:
1. Pacific Northwest
2. Texas Coast: Whooping Cranes and Neotropical Species
3. Maine and/or Maritime Provinces of Canada: Great Seabird Colonies
4. Costa Rica
1. Amazon Basin-Peru or Ecuador
2. Pantanal of Brazil
3. Danube Delta, Romania & Bulgaria
4. Okavanga Delta, Botswana
5. Northern Queensland, Australia
Of course, there are others besides these, such as the Shetland Islands of Scotland, famed for their famous seabird colonies.
Best Overall Trip: China
Best Euro Trip: Italy
Best Historical Trip: China and Italy (Tied)
Best Cultural Trip: China and Poland (Tied)
Best Archaeological Trip: Italy
Best Wildlife Observation: Galapagos Islands
Best Birdwatching: Belize
Best Scenery: Colorado
My Future Travel Plans depend largely on finances and family situation.
Beyond 2015, it remains to be seen. This brand new list is divided by foreign and domestic plans and wishes. It lists the top 5 in each category that I would still like to do.
Yellowstone Country, Wyoming
Secondary: Austria/Hungary; Romania
World Heritage Sites are a selection of man-made and Natural Sites listed by the internation organization, UNESCO. Its purpose is to ensure if possible, the preservation of this treasures. Here is a list of the destinations I personally have been to that are on the World Heritage List. In time, I will organize all of these and all future locations by geographic location.
Krakow's Historic Center, Poland
Auschwitz/Birkenau Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camps, Poland
Historic center of Warsaw, Poland
Museum Island, Berlin, Germany
Forbidden City, Beijing, China
Temple of Heaven, Beijing, China
New Summer Palace, Beijing China
Humble Administrators Garden, Suzhou, China
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ, USA
Historic Center of Florence, Italy
Historic Center of Siena, Italy
City Center, Cordoba, Spain
Fortified City of Carcassone, France
Pont Du Gard, France
Archeaological Site of Ayuttaha, Thailand
La Grand-Place, Brussels, Belgium
Galápagos Islands, Ecuador
Palace and Park of Fontainebleau, France
Teotihucan, Palanque, Uxmal and Chichen Itza, Mexico
Old city of Salamanca, Spain
Canterbury Cathedral, St Augustine's Abbey, and St Martin's Church, UK
Tower of London, London, UK
Everglades National Park, FL, USA
Independence Hall, USA
Statue of Liberty, USA
Yosemite National Park, CA, USA
Monticello and the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA, USA
Carlsbad Caverns National Park, NM, USA
cmthomas (and wife, Ethel)
....And some others. See page on June, 2008 Meeting.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 688 Reviews
- 834 Photos
- 18 Countries
- 66 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: EARTHQUAKE IN NEPAL"
- Commented on syllou's profile page
updated their Personal Page "The Top 5 Archeaological Sites I still want to See"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Phillips Island"
- Wrote a Review City of Presidents in Rapid City Things to Do
- roamer61 and starship are now friends.
- updated a New York City Travel Page "New York City"
- Uploaded a Video to Rapid City
- Commented on the Rome Things to Do travel guide
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Florence Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue