"Weston Bend State Park" Weston Bend State Park by basstbn
Weston Bend State Park Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
This lovely little state park sits high on the bluffs overlooking the Missouri River and the route of American explorers Lewis and Clark. This scenic view is from a vantage point that easily accessed by car and a very short walk.
Most years, one can count on viewing the autumn foliage in a vast array of reds, golds, and oranges. This year (2003), there were more browns due to an extremely dry summer. The spot pictured is one of the few where some color was evident.
The Weston, Missouri, area has long depended on burley tobacco as a leading cash crop. Many drying barns, new and old, can be seen in the area. This "12-acre barn" sits within the park boundaries, and held 24,000 pounds of tobacco. As much as I hate cigarettes and their smoke, I must admit that the aroma of the burley drying in the sheds is wonderful.
- In a nutshell:Small park but nicely maintained with some pretty views.
basstbn's Related Pages
Weston Bend State Park Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Weston Bend State Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Weston Bend State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weston Bend State Park
Photos in Weston Bend State ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues