"Roaring River State Park" Roaring River State Park by basstbn
Roaring River State Park Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 13 photos
Located in the Ozark Mountains of extreme southern Missouri lies Roaring River State Park, a popular destination for the region's trout fisher"persons". I had heard several colleagues at work discuss how much they enjoy this park, both for the sport and the scenery, that I decided to make an out of the way detour over some very narrow, rain-slickened mountain roads to view the park before heading home at the end of a recent vacation.
This spring is the beginning of Roaring River. Only a few miles to the east of here, the river empties into Table Rock Lake.
- Pros:Nice scenery, good facilities for camping, fishing, hiking.
- Cons:The park is difficult to get to (but for many that is actually a plus.)
- In a nutshell:Great place to relax, something for almost everyone.
As is common to all of the Ozark Mountains, the park offers a wide variety of wildflowers and plant life to view. We... more travel advice
I was surprised at the number of trout held until they are rather large before being released into the river. This... more travel advice
basstbn's Related Pages
Roaring River State Park Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Roaring River State Park
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Roaring River State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roaring River State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues