"Parkville, Missouri" Parkville by basstbn
Parkville Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 33 photos
Recognizing the potential for profit in the steamboat trade on the Missouri River, Col. George Park, a veteran of Sam Houston's cavalry, purchased the land which would become the town of Parkville. Due to the number of devastating floods, it is remarkable that this town still exists, but it does, and has a bustling downtown that is popular with day-trippers from Kansas City.
Overlooking the Missouri River, Parkville is set among wooded hills and limestone bluffs.
A good time to visit might be during one its festivals. The most notable of these are the Parkville Jazz and Fine Arts River Jam in June and Christmas on the River in December.
- Pros:Lots of interesting shops, popular eating places.
- Cons:None that I'm aware of...
- In a nutshell:A nice day-trip from nearby Kansas City
I began noticing this marvelous aroma as I neared the building. I peeked in the window and saw crowds of people. What... more travel advice
basstbn's Related Pages
Parkville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Preserved Town"
- "Welcome to the Quaint Parkville, Missouri"
- "Parkville, Missouri"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parkville
- Nightlife in Parkville
- Restaurants in Parkville
- Shopping in Parkville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parkville
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (129)
Have you been to Parkville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parkville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues