"Mansfield, Missouri" Mansfield by basstbn
Mansfield Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 20 photos
Mansfield is located in south central Missouri, less than an hour east of Springfield on US Hwy 60. Its claim to fame is as the home to author Laura Ingalls Wilder for more than 60 years. Laura is widely known for her series of "Little House" books, later made into the hit television series "Little House on the Prairie." All of these books were written at this modest farm house.
- Pros:An absolute must-see for fans of the Little House books and TV show.
- Cons:Nothing much here for those not into the Little House stuff.
- In a nutshell:Nancy and I enjoyed ourselves a lot, and learned a lot.
For the true fans of Laura Ingalls Wilder, a visit to her grave site is in order. At the museum and home, we were given... more travel advice
Rose, the youngest daughter of Almonzo and Laura, became a well-known and successful writer, as well. She felt that her... more travel advice
basstbn's Related Pages
Mansfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mansfield, Missouri"
- "Enjoy a visit to the Laura Ingalls Wilder home"
- "Laura Ingalls Wilder"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mansfield
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Mansfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mansfield
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues