"Picturesque, Popular, Pillsbury Crossing" Pillsbury Crossing by basstbn
Pillsbury Crossing Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos
Yes, there are waterfalls in Kansas, a few anyway. This is my favorite due to its easy access and to recreational activities at the falls and the low-water crossing over Deep Creek. More info at my Pillsbury Crossing "Things-to-Do" tips.
It's a great place to relax, play in the water, have a picnic, just chill out. It's a popular place with college students, but others will not feel out of place at all.
I enjoy the drive along Deep Creek Road to the state-administered park/wildlife area. At the crossing and falls area, you are in riparian forest environment, meaning it's a transient zone from woodlands to tallgrass prairie. Never having visited in the early morning or after dusk, I have now idea about wildlife, but can tell you there is an abundance of wildflowers and flowering trees all around.
basstbn's Related Pages
Pillsbury Crossing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picturesque, Popular, Pillsbury Crossing"
- Create a Pillsbury Crossing Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Pillsbury Crossing
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Pillsbury Crossing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pillsbury Crossing
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues