"Ottawa, Kansas" Ottawa by basstbn
Ottawa Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 50 photos
Ottawa is located on Interstate 35 a little better than an hour southwest of Kansas City. It is at once a little more progressive than most towns of its size in the region, but careful to preserve its heritage.
Noted architect George Putnam Washburn lived in Ottawa from 1879 until his death in 1922. There are a total of 15 Washburn-designed buildings in the city.
The community is home to Ottawa University, a small four-year Baptist college.
Built in 1888 of Kansas limestone, the old Southern Kansas railroad depot also housed the offices of the railroad... more travel advice
basstbn's Related Pages
Ottawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Kansas' Finest Towns"
- "Ottawa, Kansas"
- "brdwtchr's new Ottawa Page"
- "Ottawa isn't only Canadian, eh?"
- "A Town of Friendly People"
- "Basaic Ottawa Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ottawa
- Hotels in Ottawa
- Nightlife in Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ottawa
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Ottawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ottawa
Photos in OttawaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues