"Marysville, Kansas" Marysville by basstbn
Marysville Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 35 photos
Not only is Marysville, Kansas, home to the first home station on the Pony Express route, it was on the junction of many of the important early trails such as the Oregon Trail, Mormon Trail, etc. That home station is still intact in its original location, and may be visited today.
Marysville has the unusual distinction of being the home of numerous black squirrels not native to the region. How did that happen? Read about it in my Things To Do tips.
Two parallel main streets set very close together - dating back to territorial days before Kansas was a state. The story behind that is found in my Things To Do tips.
- Pros:Amazing number of interesting sites (and sights) for a town of this size
- Cons:A little, no a lot, out of the way, unless you're traveling US 36 (which is a good idea anyway)
- In a nutshell:Warm friendly people plus interesting things to see = a very nice visit!
My first view of this stately courthouse was in the warm light of late afternoon sun which made the view of this... more travel advice
Just around the corner from the Koester House Museum is the stately 1904 Pusch - Randell - Anderson House, built in the... more travel advice
basstbn's Related Pages
Marysville Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Marysville
- 10 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Marysville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marysville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues