"Lenexa, Kansas - One Time Spinach Capitol" Lenexa by basstbn
Lenexa Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 49 photos
Lenexa, is a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri, but is located across the state line in Kansas. The area was settled by truck farmers, mainly from Belgium and Holland, whose main crop at that time was spinach. At one time, the city was the spinach capitol of the world. To find spinach there now, you'll have to go the salad bar - or to the annual spinach festival. My wife and I live in neighboring Overland Park, only a couple of blocks away from Lenexa, and have several favorite places to eat in that city.
- Pros:Good shopping, lodging, dining, and a few sites to see.
- Cons:No major tourist attractions.
- In a nutshell:Another suburb, but one with lots of community spirit.
New American Bistro, opened in May 2009. Back soon with more details. Coffee and Pastries!!!!!!!!!! More info later... more travel advice
Adrian's is one of those little places that all of the locals know about, and loyally frequent. It is not what you might... more travel advice
basstbn's Related Pages
Lenexa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lenexa, Kansas - One Time Spinach Capitol"
- "Beautiful Lenexa!"
- "Moments in Lenexa"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lenexa
- 15 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Lenexa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lenexa
Photos in LenexaSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues