"Mount Sunflower" Kanorado by basstbn
Kanorado Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
OK, I confess. I, personally, have not been to Mt. Sunflower, but my wife and daughters have, and they took this picture. And, as a service to all of you loyal VTers, I thought you should have an opportunity to see this "breathtaking peak."
Seriously, there are those sturdy adventurers who have made the trek to this unlikely location because they were on a quest to reach the highest mountain top of each of the states. In Kansas, that's Mt. Sunflower, right in the middle of a farmer's field. I understand that no climbers have perished from the cold while trying to reach the summit, and it's been many years since anybody was injured in the ascent.
In Kanorado (at the Kansas - Colorado state line on Interstate 70) you best ask for directions of the locals. However, it is south of this town off of the county highway that runs from Kanorado to Weskan.
- In a nutshell:The highest point in the state of Kansas - what could be more exciting!
basstbn's Related Pages
Kanorado Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanorado
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Kanorado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanorado
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues