"The End of the Trail - Dodge City" Top 5 Page for this destination Dodge City by basstbn
Dodge City Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 148 photos
Throughout the 1870's and 1880's, Dodge City, Kansas was well-known as one of the wildest towns of the "old west." Thousands of heads of Longhorn cattle were herded all the way from Texas to the railroad terminus at Dodge City, where the tired and lonely cowboys found ways to alleviate their thirst in the city saloons and their lack of female companionship with the dance hall girls. It took stern lawmen like Wyatt Earp to keep the peace. The presence of Boot Hill Cemetery proves that this was not always possible.
- Pros:Interesting look at the old west
- Cons:Isolated location
Boot Hill Cemetery, Museum and a reconstructed 1870's Main Street are the principle attractions. During the summer... more travel advice
Rodeo. A major event in the Rodeo Cowboy Association tour takes place each year in early August at the city rodeo... more travel advice
basstbn's Related Pages
Dodge City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dodge is Tough like leather"
- "Dodge City - Middle of ?????"
- "Coronado, 3 Dodges, Wyatt Earp, and Gunsmoke"
- "True Kansas"
- "The End of the Trail - Dodge City"
- "Welcome to Dodge City!"
- "The REAL Wild West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dodge City
- Hotels in Dodge City
- Transportation in Dodge City
- Restaurants in Dodge City
- Warnings and Dangers in Dodge City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dodge City
- 4 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Dodge City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dodge City
Photos in Dodge CitySee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues