"Danville, Kansas" Danville by basstbn
Danville Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Visitors who have never before traveled through the plains of Kansas marvel at how flat much of the state is, and that they can see the next town (no matter how small) long before they arrive there. Most of these villages have two dominating features that are seen from a distance - the church steeple(s) and the grain elevator.
Such is the case with Danville, located in south central Kansas on Highway 160. The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in the Saint Joan of Arc Parish is the spiritual life blood of Danville. In the background sits a farmers' co-op grain elevator, the economic life blood of the community.
Other than these two vital forces, it is lamentable to note that the rest of the town looks in danger of becoming a ghost town in the not-too-distant future.
basstbn's Related Pages
Danville Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Danville
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Danville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Danville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues