"Abilene - Home of Dwight Eisenhower and much more!" Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene by basstbn
Abilene Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 196 photos
Abilene is one of the great places to visit in Kansas. Foremost are the Dwight D. Eisenhower Museum, and museum, the chapel where the bodies of Ike and his beloved Mamie's, and his boyhood home. There are many other sites to see in Abilene as well.
Nancy and I spent two days in Abilene in late July, 2004. I took many photos and will be adding these, as well as my comments in days to come. Check out my pages in coming weeks to see more.
THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
It is a rare city of 7,000 inhabitants in which you can keep yourself busy and entertained for two days. Abilene is that rare place, as you will see as I add more information.
The American Indian Art Center represents 100 native American artisans from thirty woodlands and plains tribes - works... more travel advice
Banker Thomas Kirby constructed this beautiful Victorian home in 1885. Later used as a boarding house, it was restored... more travel advice
basstbn's Related Pages
Abilene Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Cow Town with Pizazz"
- "Abilene - Home of Dwight Eisenhower and much more!"
- "Wild West Cow Town and Birthplace of Eisenhower"
- "I Like Ike!"
- "ABILENE, KANSAS"
- "brdwtchr's new Abilene Page"
- "Griske's Abilene Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abilene
- Hotels in Abilene
- Transportation in Abilene
- Restaurants in Abilene
- Shopping in Abilene
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abilene
- 23 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Abilene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abilene
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues