"Grand Lake Colorado" Grand Lake by basstbn
Grand Lake Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 42 photos
The village of Grand Lake is our favorite place to stay when visiting the Rocky Mountain National Park, even though it is on the opposite side from which we usually arrive. Most tourists prefer Estes Park, but we find this site to our liking. It is more "rustic" and has less to see and do than Estes, but is less expensive and hectic.
Just a half block or so from the main street of town, Grand Lake is large enough for speed boating, water skiing, and sailing. I don't know much about the fishing here, but you do see lots of children fishing from the marina docks, often with rented equipment. There's also a very small beach, but I would guess the water is too cold for swimming until late in the summer.
This view was on a cool day in mid-June before the peak of the tourist season.
- Pros:Relatively inexpensive, unpretentious, great views, close to Rocky Mtn NP
- Cons:Could use more restaurants I suppose.
- In a nutshell:Nice home base for a visit to the Rockies...
basstbn's Related Pages
Grand Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Moose Hunt"
- "The West Gateway to the Rockies"
- "Serene Mountain Village"
- "Grand Lake-Grand Adventure Balloon Tours"
- "Grand Lake Colorado"
- "Grand Lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Lake
- Hotels in Grand Lake
- Restaurants in Grand Lake
- Shopping in Grand Lake
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Lake
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Grand Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Lake
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues