"The Royal Gorge" Top 5 Page for this destination Canon City by basstbn
Canon City Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 92 photos
I don't remember a single thing about Canon City.
My family, which included daughters aged 7 and 5 at the time, had been in Colorado on vacation and were headed home. We were tired of traveling and ready for our own beds. But - we had heard so much about the Royal Gorge that we had to at least get off of the main highway to take a look. My grown daughters still remember it.
Royal Gorge is impressive.
- Pros:Breathtaking view plus activities for kids
- Cons:A little commercialized and off the beaten track
- In a nutshell:Awesome Sight!
One last activity before leaving: a train ride for the kids aboard this scale-model vintage train of an 1893 locomotive.... more travel advice
Viewed from the bridge high above, you don't realize the size of the river or what rapids are below you. It is also... more travel advice
basstbn's Related Pages
Canon City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cañon City"
- "The Royal Gorge"
- "Canon City/Royal Gorge"
- "Canon City: Place of Wonders"
- "ROYAL GORGE"
- "Nice Area to Camp at"
- "World's Highest Suspension Bridge"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canon City
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Canon City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canon City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues