Pipe Spring National Monument Things to Do Tips by basstbn
Pipe Spring National Monument Things to Do: 5 reviews and 5 photos
The interior courtyard of the fort.
Half hour guided tours are offered through the ten main rooms of the fort, all tastefull preserved with period furnishings. You will notice that all of the doors and windows open into a central courtyard, and the entire fort was enclosed by a high wall.
Geese and horse
The resident geese rule the roost at two ponds on the premises. Other animals include Texas longhorn cattle, chickens and horses.
Allison at piano
My oldest daughter, Allison, found a piano, sat down and started playing from the old hymnal on the instrument. Surprisingly, no one objected.
Take the path through the gardens to some of the other buildings - a blacksmith shop, poultry and riding sheds, and a corral.
Volunteers in period costume provide interesting and colorful commentary regarding life on the rugged frontier. Here, my daughters watch with fascination as a lady demonstrates how the loom works.
basstbn's Related Pages
Pipe Spring National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pipe Springs National Monument"
- "Definitely Off of the Beaten Track"
- "Basaic Pipe Spring National Monument Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pipe Spring National Monument
- Transportation in Pipe Spring National Monument
- See All...
Explore the World
- Davao City Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Pulau Mamutik Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Savannah Things to Do
- Saint Augustine Things to Do
- Seattle Things to Do
- Sorrento Things to Do
- Laoag City Things to Do
- Kuching Things to Do
- Ho Chi Minh City Things to Do
- Coron Things to Do
- Springfield Things to Do
- Key West Things to Do
- Sonora Things to Do
- Bourbon Street
- Hollywood Things to Do
- Medan Things to Do
Badges & Stats in Pipe Spring National Monument
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Pipe Spring National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pipe Spring National Monument
Photos in Pipe Spring National MonumentSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues