"Manarola - La Cinque Terre" Manarola by basstbn
Manarola Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 518 photos
Actually the village of Manarola is probably not tottering at all, but very secure. After all, it has been perched up there for centuries, by most accounts settled by inhabitants of a Roman settlement in the vicinity. But viewing Manarola for the first time, I had to wonder how all those multi-storied old buildings could even have been built in the first place, let alone sit up there for so many generations.
I hope my readers will pardon me if I should happen to over use the terms amazing or spectacular when writing of this and other villages of Cinque Terre.
We found Manarola to be one of "calmer," less crowded and touristic of the Cinque Terre villages. As you can see from the accompanying photo, the streets were not as crowded as Vernazza, Riomaggiore, and Monterosso, making Manarola a good place for easy stroll and for watching Italian village life unfold at a leisurely pace.
We walked a couple of paths outside of Manarola for a ways, one of those being a marked path recommended by Rick Steves... more travel advice
This was the first of two cemeteries we visited in Cinque Terre. Nancy and I found them to fascinating, especially when... more travel advice
basstbn's Related Pages
Manarola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manarola cinque terre"
- "The Cinque Terra"
- "Manarola - on the Cinque Terre"
- "Tiny town but big ambience"
- "A charm all of its own"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manarola
- Hotels in Manarola
- Transportation in Manarola
- Nightlife in Manarola
- Restaurants in Manarola
- Shopping in Manarola
- Warnings and Dangers in Manarola
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manarola
- 7 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Manarola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manarola
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas Intro, 62 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 81 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 30 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Intro, 12 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues