"Liancheng: small town - sacred hills - old village" Lianfeng by claude-andre
Lianfeng Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 20 photos
Liancheng is located south-east of Changting/Tingzhou or north-west-west from Xiamen. It's a small and remote Fujian town, but easily accessed by bus from Changting or Longyan (about 2 hours trip). The town has nothing special to see, but a street with wood sculptors, making very sophisticated forms.
On the contrary surroundings are very nice. Guanzhi shan are a rocky mountain range where you find inscriptions, special rock formations and buddhists temples. It's worth a day visiting.
Very near from Guanzhi shan there is a lake, bordered by rocky hills and forests. You can tour it with a boat and after you can walk the hills. It's particularly nice in spring or autumn, when the forests have beautful colours.
20-25 km north of Liancheng, there is a charming little village from Ming and Qinq dynasties. It is still inhabited by the descendants of the rich founders. You can enter houses freely and the owners will show you photographs of their ancestors on the family altar.
Peitian is a village from Ming and Qing dynasties. It was built by rich farmers and is still inhabited by they... more travel advice
At the foot of Guanzhi Shan it is an artificial lake (dam). You can tour it in little boats (included in entrance... more travel advice
claude-andre's Related Pages
Lianfeng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Liancheng: small town - sacred hills - old village"
- Create a Lianfeng Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Lianfeng
- 10 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lianfeng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lianfeng
Photos in LianfengSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quanzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Hongkeng Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Lianfeng Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Xiamen Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Chishui Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Gulangyu Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Tingzhou Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Ganzhou Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos