"QUANZHOU: old harbour of the maritime silk road" Top 5 Page for this destination Quanzhou by claude-andre
Quanzhou Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 115 photos
About 2 hours by bus from Xiamen, Quanzhou is an interesting historic town. The town is very large, but the historic center is small enough to be walked around: a good museum, many old buddhist or daoist temples, a mosquee and some old streets. Some km away, a sacred hill with a lake near the top from where you have good views on the town. At its feet a huge statue of Lao Tse.
The UNESCO consider Qhanzhou as a museum of religions. Here you find ruins et relics of buddhism, daoism, christianism, islam, hindouism and judaism.
Quanzhou is well situated and you can visit many sites and towns during a one day trip: Chongwu, Anxi, Dehua, eg.
You may also experiment Hakka food, a good experience.
Quanzhou center has channels and parks where you can sit and look at the life around. Not so frequent in China, you can see young lovers sitting on banks under old trees.
Every morning, just before the opening of the supermarket, the employees are motivated to work hard, get results and to constitute a team. The method: some military exercises, gym and a kind of assertive behaviour training....!!!
One of the first bridges built over the sea, Luoyang Bridge is about 1000 years old. It has 834m long and 7m wide, with... more travel advice
Take a bus, travel 1 hour and a half (50 Km east) and head on Chongwu, walled town at the seaside. For more information... more travel advice
claude-andre's Related Pages
Quanzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite cities in Fujian: Quanzhou"
- "A tour of Quanzhou"
- "QUANZHOU: old harbour of the maritime silk road"
- "Quanzhou - polyresin homeland"
- "Historic City with a special atmosphere"
- "Anxi County"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quanzhou
- Hotels in Quanzhou
- Transportation in Quanzhou
- Restaurants in Quanzhou
- Shopping in Quanzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quanzhou
- 12 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Quanzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quanzhou
Photos in QuanzhouSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quanzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Hongkeng Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Lianfeng Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Xiamen Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Chishui Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Tingzhou Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Gulangyu Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Ganzhou Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos