"Sigiriya" Sigiriya by tim07
Sigiriya Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 269 photos
Sigiriya rock was the main thing I wanted to see on my visit to Sri Lanka. For many years I'd imagined what it would be like to climb and the views I would get from the summit.
The rock far exceeded my expectations. At the base the water gardens were a delight to explore. The climb, although in the heat, wasn't as strenuous as I'd imagined. There were many places and views to admire on the climb. Once at the top the views were something I'll never forget.
The rock summit covers 1.6 hectares. Where once stood Kassapa's palace, only the foundations remain today. There is a... more travel advice
The cave gets its name from the boulder above it that resembles a fully opened cobra's hood. The cave was used by... more travel advice
tim07's Related Pages
Sigiriya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sigiriya - The Lion Rocks"
- "Sigiriya - Rock Frostress"
- "Sigiriya Rock Fortress"
- "Fortress in the Middle of Nowhere"
- "The Lion Fortress."
- "the lion mountain"
- "Good Base for the cultural triangle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sigiriya
- Hotels in Sigiriya
- Transportation in Sigiriya
- Restaurants in Sigiriya
- Warnings and Dangers in Sigiriya
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sigiriya
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sigiriya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sigiriya
Photos in SigiriyaSee All Photos (18)
Videos in SigiriyaSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Bucharest Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 23 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 27 reviews, 87 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 23 reviews, 84 photos
- Yerevan Intro, 25 reviews, 77 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 75 photos
- Bali Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Sofia Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Rome Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kovalam Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos
Latest Sigiriya hotel reviews