ter1413's profile photo

ter1413

Keyser Soze Online Now
"Get busy living..or get busy dying!" -A. Dufresne
ter1413 hasn't come back to VirtualTourist in a while.
Meet other members!

pieter_jan_v Jun 24, 2016 at 8:00 AM

Happy Birthday. PJ

Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
Donna_in_India Dec 7, 2015 at 4:05 AM

Just stopping by to say hi! Long time no contact. :-) How are things? Are you traveling for the holidays?

• ter1413's Profile Photo
    ter1413 Dec 9, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Sorry about your mom!

My sis-in-law is from Colombia and she is headed there with my niece on Dec 27. They go every year. My brother can't make it this year but it will allow him to help me with our mom's apt.

I am planning on Thailand and either Cambodia or Vietnam for this trip. So NY > Bangkok > either one of those > Bangkok > home. Really looking fwd to it.

I didn't travel at all in 2015 so this is a much needed trip. My older sis Kim was killed in a motorcycle accident 7 yrs tomorrow(Dec 10.) So it's a bittersweet end of the year and will always be with my mom passing in Oct. Dad passed in Nov so I can't win!

But travel is what we do and it helps to get away and relax.

Have a happy and merry also! This is my favorite time of the year and I love being in NYC for the holidays!

Enjoy your travels. I KNOW I will try to!
    T

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Donna_in_India Dec 10, 2015 at 3:19 AM

Oh so sorry to hear about your sister. Those "anniversaries" are always difficult days.

I am glad that you're getting away. And I'm jealous - Cambodia or Vietnam?! Very high on my wish list. I just can't seem to shake India and it's eating up 2+ weeks of my travel time each year.

I agree about NYC at this time of year. My absolute favorite time of year and the city is so special! We did Macy's Santaland on Black Friday (no lines at 7 a.m. haha!). Walked down 5th Ave - all the windows look great, popped into St. Patrick's (poinsettias weren't set up yet), and took a peek at the tree.

lynmur Sep 20, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Best Museum for kids? And any other suggestions to do with 8yr and 5yr olds?'. I appreciate your advice.

lynmur Sep 20, 2015 at 11:38 AM

lynmur Sep 20, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Thanksgiving Meal'. I appreciate your advice.

Alexandra33's Profile Photo
Alexandra33 Aug 25, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Best Flea Markets in the City'. I appreciate your advice.

Hoooked Aug 24, 2015 at 4:49 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Day after marathon?'. You've been a huge help.

hayley_69 Aug 19, 2015 at 8:25 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Tipping, please explain?'. I appreciate your advice.

hayley_69 Aug 19, 2015 at 8:25 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Tipping, please explain?'. You've been a huge help.

hayley_69 Aug 19, 2015 at 8:25 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Tipping, please explain?'. You've been a huge help.