"Porto or Oporto" Porto by markapollo

Porto Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos

I came here for the Port wine!

Before coming to Oprto I went to the capital of Portugal Lisboa. I thought Porto was just about the port wine. Well its is...Wait ..There is more to it. The ribiera was beautiful and the people was friendly. Dont be afraid to roam around this very pretty city. I found that I really want to visit this place again. The port wine was great and so is the regular Douro red wines. Dont forget the Vinho Verde! In this page you will see what kind of other offers this city have to give!

The Ribiera

Oh my! This place is such a cool place to hang out. Bars, Girls, dinking and the view. Accross the river is the port wine caverns ...alot of it. Try Grahams I was impressed. Near this place is also the shopping district Via Santa Catarina. And the historic buildings and library. You will also enjoy the restaurants beside the river. Great food and service.

Shopping District

Via Santa Catarina . This street has lots of shops from shoes to coats and socks. It ws great style, quality and very inexpensive. I spent a whole day shopping.
There is also the North mall which is a cab ride away that too was great. I enjoyed shopping in Porto. It was cheaper here than most places that I have been to. You cant beat Great quality for the price!!!

• Pros:Great bars, Shopping and views
  • Cons:When they party they start late (midnight)
  • In a nutshell:Oporto ! I'm glad I came here!
  • Last visit to Porto: Feb 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 6, 2008

Comments

markapollo

“See the world and all the things in it”

Badges & Stats in Porto