"Lovely Lima." Departamento de Lima by Openseas
Departamento de Lima Travel Guide: 1,328 reviews and 3,202 photos
Lima is a fasincating place to visit full with lively streets, museums, churches, culture, history, markets, interesting districts, burial sites, archaelogical treasures and wonderful beaches.
A busy conjested city with over 8 million people it offers travelers an unique magical unforgetable experience. The safest area to stay is around Miraflores. Downtown can be risky and at times unsafe for travelers.
Miraflores is the place to visit in Lima. It’s the safest area and excellent for tourists and visitors. It’s a wonderful place to stroll around with exciting interesting shops, cafes and restaurants.
A must do is visiting the markets with Peruvians selling their artefacts all dressed in traditional clothing. It’s located on the intersection of Avenue Arequipa and Pardo at the main plaza.
The Calle de las Pizzas (Pizza Street) are the favourite place for the locals and teenagers to hang out.
Miraflores also houses the pre-Inca mud brick temple called Huaca Pucallana one of many archaeological sites found in Lima.
Barranco is the traditional summer district and resort of Lima. There are some interesting museums and historical landmarks to found here like the Puente de los Suspiros" a 19th century wooden structure which leads down to the beach.
It’s a wonderful district to visit for sightseeing, eating and drinking. Many of Lima's best restaurants are found in this region.
we rented an apartment in Miraflores through email@example.com. The apartment consisted of three bedrooms/ two... more travel advice
In the heart of historic Lima. The changing of the guards can be seen from the Government Palace at midday. This square... more travel advice
Openseas' Related Pages
Departamento de Lima Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Lima."
- "Jesus Maria - Corzo"
- "Lima, te quiero!"
- "Machu Picchu citadel, Cuzco"
- "Magical Place Peru"
- "Peru Wars"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Departamento de Lima
- Hotels in Departamento de Lima
- Transportation in Departamento de Lima
- Nightlife in Departamento de Lima
- Restaurants in Departamento de Lima
- Shopping in Departamento de Lima
- Warnings and Dangers in Departamento de Lima
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Departamento de Lima
- 42 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Departamento de Lima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Departamento de Lima
Photos in Departamento de LimaSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 111 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manly Intro, 79 reviews, 68 photos
- Sun City Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pilanesberg Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunk Island Intro, 43 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Margherita Ligure Intro, 32 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Departamento de Lima Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parnu Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellagio Intro, 41 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exmouth Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.