"Quaint Parnu." Top 5 Page for this destination Parnu by Openseas
Parnu Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 200 photos
Parnu is a lovely seaside village with gorgeous beaches, wonderful leafy parks and historical buildings which creates a colourful vibrant and interesting place to visit. The well preserved Old Town is attractive and appealing with unique architecture oozing with sublime character.
There are some amazing charming timber houses which echo sounds of the changing past. If visiting Estonia its well worth your effort to taste and explore this little gem which sits proudly overlooking the Baltic Sea.
Parnu is Estonia’s most popular beach holiday destination for many Estonians; it is situated on the coast of Gulf of Riga and lies approximately 125km south of Tallinn. The town is split by the Parnu River, on one side you have the sandy beaches and leafy parklands and the other side the Old Town which houses some wonderful examples of Estonia architecture.
Parnu is a charming village to stroll around and it’s absolutely perfect for cycling. There are beautiful parklands and leafy avenues with exquisite wooden Estonia houses that dot the streets. The village is petite and pretty oozing with charm and character; you can find some wonderful buildings dating back to the 17th century and fine examples of archaeological findings in the Parnu Museum.
There is plenty of accommodation available from budget to five star hotels. There are two icon hotels in Parnu and both are completely different and unique. The Ammende Vila is the most popular for B&B lovers and is housed in a gorgeous Art-Nouveau building surrounded by exquisite beautiful gardens. The other hotel is the Scandic Ranna Hotel built in the 30’s which sits proudly on the waterfront and has direct access to the beach. The Victoria Hotel is another favourite hotel for travelers built in the 1920’s and having a charming and delightful façade.
Parnu is approx 130kms from Tallinn and can be easily reached by air, car, bus or train.
Parnu airport is close by 5km and a bus service is available. Air Livonie also flies from Parnu to Kuressaare, Kihnu and Ruhnu.
Buses - from Tallinn, Tartu and Riga. The Parnu bus station is in the heart of downtown Ringi 3 (luggage storage is also available).
Trains - Leave from Tallinn and take approx 3hrs. www.edel.ee
- Pros:Lovely sea side village*
- In a nutshell:Estonia's excellent escape retreat.
What is amazing about this sweet village is the doors on the buildings. There are some absolutely beautiful wooden... more travel advice
Restaurant – This is this most impressive part of the hotel and is well worth your effort to at least dine here if... more travel advice
Openseas' Related Pages
Parnu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Summer Capital of Estonia"
- "The Summer Capital - visited in Spring"
- "Pärnu - Summercapital of Estonia"
- "Quaint Parnu."
- "Work Camp"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parnu
- Hotels in Parnu
- Transportation in Parnu
- Nightlife in Parnu
- Restaurants in Parnu
- Shopping in Parnu
- Warnings and Dangers in Parnu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parnu
- 21 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Parnu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parnu
Photos in ParnuSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 111 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manly Intro, 79 reviews, 68 photos
- Sun City Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pilanesberg Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunk Island Intro, 43 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Margherita Ligure Intro, 32 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Departamento de Lima Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parnu Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellagio Intro, 41 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Exmouth Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.