"Bellagio" Top 5 Page for this destination Bellagio by Openseas

Bellagio Travel Guide: 171 reviews and 410 photos

Beautiful Bellagio

Bellagio is absolutely gorgeous with breathtaking views of Lake Como and surrounding hills and villages, one immediately surrenders to its beauty and uniqueness. Bellagio lies on the elegant foreshores of Lago Di Como at the southern end where the lake bifurcates.

The village of Bellagio oozes with charm and character with its romantic cobble lanes, streets and architectural classical Italian buildings, this Italian town is truely a must to visit while exploring Lake Como.

Bellagio is on the tip of a promontory at the end of the chain of mountains where the lake bifurcates. The historic and tourist centre is towards the bottom part of the promontory, while its many suburbs are scattered on the hills and overlooks both the south-eastern and south-western branches of Lake Como.

Already inhabited in prehistoric times, Bellagio was the residence of the Roman patricians and then of Lombardy's noble families, who built magnificent villas here. In the past Bellagio enchanted artists, poets, musicians from all over the world. Villa Serbelloni just next door to Hotel Metropole has had many famous people as guests, including Leonardo De Vinci, Mike Jagger, President John Kennedy, Winston Churchill, Roosevelt, the Rothschild’s, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, Maria Schell, Clark Gable, Robert Mitchum, and Al Pacino....to name just a few !

My Bellagio

Beautiful Bellagio
breathing sweet suggestions of romance below
cobble stony streets smile uniquely so
for you are truly beautiful Bellagio.

If only I had known you long ago
surely you would have shown me your lakeside treasures
and pleasures of Menaggio, Varenna, and Lecco,
for your beauty beholds me, my beautiful beloved Bellagio.

I love Bellagio

We woke early to open our shutter doors to a glorious and stunning view of Lake Como. A foggy haze covered the mountains and the lake twinkled with the early morning sunrise. We decided to head down to breakfast which was located on the ground floor on the terrace overlooking the magnificent view.

The best thing about Hotel Metropole is the location. It’s on the flat within a few seconds to many wonderful little cafes and restaurants. It’s a short walk to Hotel Serbelloni and to the steps up to the romantic village of Bellagio. The little town is full of interesting shops, and is truly gorgeous and quaint with petite cobble lanes and steps meandering through the wonderful display of historic houses. (It reminded us of the Italian town Assisi)

In the evening we had dinner at the Mistral restaurant in Villa Serbelloni, which was expensive but we enjoyed the evening together and the history of the villa.

• Pros:A truly beautiful Italian village.
  • Cons:Just stay longer !
  • In a nutshell:Bellagio is a little piece of heaven !
  • Last visit to Bellagio: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 17, 2007

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I'm going to visit the lake of Como are soon.

Ciao!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I saw the Waterfront hotel on the VT frontpage, what a fabulous place. I'd like to go there one day :-)

• Herkbert's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Enjoyed viewing your Bellagio page. We will be heading there in June. Your tips and pictures have made us most anxious to visit. Happy travels.. Tom

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2009 at 7:09 AM

It was fun seeing your main photo... we ate at those tables! It was indeed very beautiful! Thanks for your Bellagio page.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM

What a lovely page to have found on a cold grey day. Some very useful tips too -thanks for sharing.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Your page brings back some wonderful memories for me of my stay in Bellagio! Nice photos!

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Your hotel tip makes me want to go there.....right now!!

Openseas

“" I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. ~Benjamin Disraeli”

Badges & Stats in Bellagio

Have you been to Bellagio?

Latest Activity in Bellagio