"Bellagio" Top 5 Page for this destination Bellagio by Openseas
Bellagio Travel Guide: 174 reviews and 416 photos
Bellagio is absolutely gorgeous with breathtaking views of Lake Como and surrounding hills and villages, one immediately surrenders to its beauty and uniqueness. Bellagio lies on the elegant foreshores of Lago Di Como at the southern end where the lake bifurcates.
The village of Bellagio oozes with charm and character with its romantic cobble lanes, streets and architectural classical Italian buildings, this Italian town is truely a must to visit while exploring Lake Como.
Bellagio is on the tip of a promontory at the end of the chain of mountains where the lake bifurcates. The historic and tourist centre is towards the bottom part of the promontory, while its many suburbs are scattered on the hills and overlooks both the south-eastern and south-western branches of Lake Como.
Already inhabited in prehistoric times, Bellagio was the residence of the Roman patricians and then of Lombardy's noble families, who built magnificent villas here. In the past Bellagio enchanted artists, poets, musicians from all over the world. Villa Serbelloni just next door to Hotel Metropole has had many famous people as guests, including Leonardo De Vinci, Mike Jagger, President John Kennedy, Winston Churchill, Roosevelt, the Rothschild’s, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, Maria Schell, Clark Gable, Robert Mitchum, and Al Pacino....to name just a few !
breathing sweet suggestions of romance below
cobble stony streets smile uniquely so
for you are truly beautiful Bellagio.
If only I had known you long ago
surely you would have shown me your lakeside treasures
and pleasures of Menaggio, Varenna, and Lecco,
for your beauty beholds me, my beautiful beloved Bellagio.
We woke early to open our shutter doors to a glorious and stunning view of Lake Como. A foggy haze covered the mountains and the lake twinkled with the early morning sunrise. We decided to head down to breakfast which was located on the ground floor on the terrace overlooking the magnificent view.
The best thing about Hotel Metropole is the location. It’s on the flat within a few seconds to many wonderful little cafes and restaurants. It’s a short walk to Hotel Serbelloni and to the steps up to the romantic village of Bellagio. The little town is full of interesting shops, and is truly gorgeous and quaint with petite cobble lanes and steps meandering through the wonderful display of historic houses. (It reminded us of the Italian town Assisi)
In the evening we had dinner at the Mistral restaurant in Villa Serbelloni, which was expensive but we enjoyed the evening together and the history of the villa.
- Pros:A truly beautiful Italian village.
- Cons:Just stay longer !
- In a nutshell:Bellagio is a little piece of heaven !
This is another fabulous place to drop into and taste the samples of cheese and local wines. Its opened between the... more travel advice
There are numerous apartments available for rent in Bellagio. Here is a list which may be helful for those looking for... more travel advice
Openseas' Related Pages
Bellagio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "B E L L A G I O"
- "Oh, So Bella Bellagio"
- "BELLAGIO - PEARL OF LAKE COMO"
- "Bellagio - Pearl of Lake Como"
- "So perfect, it looks like a movie set."
- "Beautiful Bellagio!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bellagio
- Hotels in Bellagio
- Transportation in Bellagio
- Nightlife in Bellagio
- Restaurants in Bellagio
- Shopping in Bellagio
- Warnings and Dangers in Bellagio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bellagio
- 41 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bellagio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bellagio
Photos in BellagioSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 111 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manly Intro, 79 reviews, 68 photos
- Sun City Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pilanesberg Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunk Island Intro, 43 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Margherita Ligure Intro, 32 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Departamento de Lima Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parnu Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellagio Intro, 41 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exmouth Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.