"Lady Musgrave Island." Lady Musgrave Island by Openseas

Lady Musgrave Island Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 45 photos

Location.

Lady Musgrave Island is apart of the Bunker Group of Island which lies 50 miles north of Bundaberg. This tiny island is a natural wonder a lagoon that stretches for miles within the Great Barrier Reef. The island is set on 3000 acres of living reef with a deepwater coral lagoon which is unique to the entire Great Barrier Reef Region.

The beautiful clear turquoise aqua blue waters with dazzling coral beds dominate the lagoon. This island is truly magical; one could literally stay here for days. We stayed for two days on our yacht and just had a wonderful experience.

The Town of 1770.

The Town of 1770 and Angus Waters. (Coral Sea).

This little gem is saturated in Australian history and dates back to Captain Cook who on Wednesday 24 May 1770 went ashore his second landing in Australia to study the region in the Endeavour. Sir Joseph Banks also collected plant species from this area, which was noted in his journals.

The Town of 1770 is located approximately 1.5 hour’s north drive from Bundaberg and six hours from Brisbane. It is known for its advantage of being within close proximately to Lady Musgrave Island, Fitzroy Lagoon, Heron Island, Lady Elliot Island (The Bunker Group) and the Southern Great Barrier Reef.

The whole region is gorgeous with plenty of attractions and activities to suit any traveler. However, the region is now in a process of being developed which to me will be a shame since the area is truly a real gem hidden in a huge country.

Wildlife - on Lady Musgrave.

The bird life on Lady Musgrave is incredibly interesting as the majority of the birds are called Noddies and live in the Pisonias trees which actually can kill the birds by their sticky resin which traps the Noddies in their nests.

It seems so incredibly cruel but its natures way of keeping control of their
environment. ( the trees.....take control !)

If you do ever have the absolute opportunity to visit Lady Musgrave Island then its not the coral or the sheer beauty of the coral lagoon that takes your breath away, its the pure natural logical essence that slips you into the uncertainty about life and the sheer endless phantom notion that we could be ridiculously everlasting.

Its only at this island did I truly understand the powerful force which lies underneath nature and the universe.

Who am I, just a breeze that slips silently seductively into you

my life

can I reach out to change my predicament or am I just me
a hollow tree whispering nothingness to an empty soul
countless lovers, unforgiven
endlessly hoping for my freedom and role.

Who am I.

• Pros:A beautiful Coral Island - Perfect.
  • Cons:no accommodation
  • In a nutshell:Truly Magical
  • Last visit to Lady Musgrave Island: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 6, 2007

Comments

Openseas

“" I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. ~Benjamin Disraeli”

Badges & Stats in Lady Musgrave Island

Have you been to Lady Musgrave Island?

Latest Activity in Lady Musgrave Island