Manly Off The Beaten Path Tips by Openseas
Manly Off The Beaten Path: 8 reviews and 11 photos
Discover the beautiful deep waters of the Hawkesbury River and the elongated graceful waterway of Pittwater, running from Newport to Palm Beach. Broken Bay is dominated by Lion Island with plenty of small inlets and coves to cruise your yacht, cruiser or house boat through. Set amongst four National Parks, Kur-ring-gai Chase, Marramarra, Dharug, Brisbane Water and Bouddi, there are gorgeous beaches, historic villages, mangroves, with abundance of flora and fauna. This area is similar in scenery to the Whitsunday Islands in Queensland but is only one hour drive from Sydney. It offers beautiful scenery set amongst National Parks and sandstone headlands.
Take a cruise on the Hawkesbury River Cruises and spend a day enjoying the beautiful waterways,The cruise leaves Palm Beach Wharf at 11.00am daily.
A great way to see the river is to catch the Riverboat Postman, this is a service that delivers mail to isolated houses it takes approx 3 hours and runs Monday to Friday. Catch a train from Central Railway Station in the city at 8.16am to Hawkesbury River Railway Station in time to catch the mailman. (02 9985 7566) for more details.
Palm Beach ferries also offers a unique way to see Pittwater which operates from Palm Beach Wharf (02 99182747) you can catch a ferry to Ettalong, The Basin, Patagona, Pearl Beach and Woy Woy.
For the budget traveller you can take the ferry to The Basin and camp in the National Park perched on the waterfront. You must ring and book a site, showers and toilets are available and a shop to buy essentials(opened only in summer)02 9974 1011.Another budget accommodation is Pittwater YHA (9999 5748) catch the 156 bus from Manly Wharf to Church Point and then a ferry to Halls Wharf.
If traveling from Manly catch a bus from Manly Wharf to Brookvale and then change to L90 bus to Palm Beach.
More Reviews (78)
- See All Henry Afrikas - Beach Front Manly
- See All Its all about the beer !
- See All Epic Surf
- See All The Jetcat.
- Climate in Manly Beach
- See All Beach Volley Ball
Openseas' Related Pages
Manly Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manly - My Home for a Short Time"
- "MANLY 7 MILES FROM THE CITY A THOUSAND FROM CARE"
- "Just a Ferry Away"
- "Lazy Monday in Manly"
- "Manly: The Beautiful Town North of Sydney"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manly
- Hotels in Manly
- Transportation in Manly
- Nightlife in Manly
- Restaurants in Manly
- Shopping in Manly
- Warnings and Dangers in Manly
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sandbridge Beach Hotels
- Cabo San Lucas
- Ausable Chasm
- Santorini Island Hotels
- Ocho Rios Hotels
- Providence Canyon State Park Hotels
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Edinburgh Off The Beaten Path
- Stock Island
- Valencia Off The Beaten Path
- Dublin Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Wisconsin Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Manly
- 79 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Manly?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manly
Photos in ManlySee All Photos (68)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 111 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manly Intro, 79 reviews, 68 photos
- Sun City Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pilanesberg Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunk Island Intro, 43 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Margherita Ligure Intro, 32 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Departamento de Lima Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Parnu Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellagio Intro, 41 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Exmouth Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.