"Axum - historical place" Axum by orix
Axum Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 593 photos
This is a view of the town from Yeha hotel. You can see the new St. Mary church dome.
The northern stele field located in the center of town and contains dozens of large stele some of them weighing few hundred tons. The new construction has to do with the return of the great stele from Italy to Ethiopia. They are now (2008) erecting it again.
About 3 hours drive from Axum is this isolated mountain-top monastery and church. The only way up is by climbing a rope... more travel advice
orix's Related Pages
Axum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aksum and Debre Damo"
- "HOME OF THE ARK OF THE COVENANT"
- "Aksum - The Oldest City In Ethiopia"
- "The tourist capital of the north"
- "Ancient Capital of Abyssinia..."
- "City of obelisks and the stolen Arch"
- "AXUM VILLAGE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Axum
- Hotels in Axum
- Transportation in Axum
- Restaurants in Axum
- Shopping in Axum
- Warnings and Dangers in Axum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Axum
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Axum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Axum
Top 10 Pages
- Bangalore Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Virunga Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Southern District Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Eilat Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Mysore Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- `Afula Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Suzhou Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Axum Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos