Suriname Off The Beaten Path Tips by pjallittle
Suriname Off The Beaten Path: 11 reviews and 18 photos
Similar design, different city, different layout. Bet this postcard that one guy copied the other, the picture on top is from the older city.
In the same park, you will see this bandstand. See the above picture, left side.
Someone designed this beatifully tailored drive, it is still quite pretty today. It is a park of some kind. It actually belongs in Guyana, got mixed up because I had Suriname and Guyana pictures mixed together and this was not picked up until I began my Guyana page. It could be removed from this page if anyone objects.
This is, or was, a grand house at one time, notice the nice balconies, solid wood columnlar supports, and many windows.
Someone of means built this house way back when.
No doubt some kind of Government building, but what or which, i do not know. Maybe someone who lives in Suriname would know.
All of the following pictures will give you a flavour of the older kinds of buildings and their rather similar architecture, which maximizes floor space.
So often in these older settled countries, the high ground with the view is where you often find the worst living circumstances.
A poor man's house with a rich man's view.
More Reviews (14)
- See All This is the inside of a large...
- Packing List
- Personally, I feel that ALL of...
- The capital city has an...
pjallittle's Related Pages
Suriname Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "6 months Beautiful Surinam"
- "ATLC's roots in Suriname"
- "Suriname, lots of green."
- "Talking Dutch far away"
- "A Trip to my neighbouring Country SURINAME"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suriname
- Hotels in Suriname
- Transportation in Suriname
- Nightlife in Suriname
- Restaurants in Suriname
- Shopping in Suriname
- Warnings and Dangers in Suriname
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Suriname
- 20 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Suriname?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suriname
Top 10 Pages
- Honolulu Intro, 32 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 5 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guangzhou Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 32 reviews, 31 photos
- Brazil Intro, 4 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Wahiawa Intro, 31 reviews, 29 photos
- Casablanca Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Falkland Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manaus Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues