"Adventure in South Africa" South Africa by littlebush
South Africa Travel Guide: 11,949 reviews and 28,145 photos
I have now been to South Africa twice.
I first went to South Africa for 3 weeks backpacking in November 2002. In reality you need at least 3 months to see the country. In 3 weeks, I just scraped the surface but got a feel for what it was about and hope to return one day. I'd recommend at least a week in Cape Town, a few days on the garden route, a few days in the transkei area and if you like walking, a few days in the spectacular drakensberg and to finish with, you have to go to Kruger national park to go game viewing. This page is just an introduction to south africa, please look at my individuals pages for more information on the places i stayed at.
My second visit was for the World Cup in 2010.
It was fantastic trip, not because of the football but because it was good to go back a little older and wiser (Supossedly!). I visited Lesotho (See seperate page) and also Soweto which were the two highlights!
An amazing country with such a rich history.
The bazbus is a backpacker bus which drops you off door to door at hostels. Its more expensive than the greyhound but... more travel advice
If you dont feel safe going out at night, most hostels have at least a bar(some just have a fridge with beer) and a... more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
South Africa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A world in one country!"
- "A peek into a great country"
- "SUNNY SOUTH AFRICA not at the moment its raining"
- "South Africa Road Trip"
- "South Africa"
- "South Africa - We had a wonderful World Cup!"
- "The Splendour of South Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Africa
- Hotels in South Africa
- Transportation in South Africa
- Nightlife in South Africa
- Restaurants in South Africa
- Shopping in South Africa
- Warnings and Dangers in South Africa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in South Africa
- 56 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 14 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to South Africa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Africa
Videos in South AfricaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 40 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 33 reviews, 5 photos
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Top South Africa hotels
- Cape Town Hotels
- 2671 Reviews - 6198 Photos
- Durban Hotels
- 424 Reviews - 851 Photos
- Johannesburg Hotels
- 1079 Reviews - 2208 Photos
- Port Elizabeth Hotels
- 93 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Pretoria Hotels
- 396 Reviews - 701 Photos
- Sun City Hotels
- 311 Reviews - 834 Photos
- East London Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Umhlanga Rocks Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Clarens Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Kruger National Park Hotels
- 649 Reviews - 1556 Photos
- Bloemfontein Hotels
- 96 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Port Alfred Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Pietermaritzburg Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 48 Photos
- Kimberley Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 72 Photos
- Hluhluwe Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 81 Photos