"Indonesia!" Indonesia by littlebush
Indonesia Travel Guide: 18,777 reviews and 48,046 photos
<FONT COLOR="BLUE" FACE="COMIC SANS MS">Indonesia is made up of around 13,700 islands spread out between the South China Sea and the Indian Ocean. Much of the country is still unexplored by the outside world. Parts of the country are dense jungle and many islands have extinct, active or dorment volcanoes.
Indonesia was the first Asian country i'd been to and the first time outside the Western world! It was the culture shock i'd been dying for on my RTW trip.
I only spent 2 weeks in there, on the main tourist islands of Bali and Lombok. i wish i'd had longer because you can spend months in Indonesia and still only scratch the surface. The scenery on Bali is superb with some great beaches.
My best time was had on the Gili Islands off Lombok - Gili Trawangan, Gili Air and Gili Meno. I went to all 3 but Gili Trawangan was by far the best, known as the party island!
Indonesia is a fascinating country, very cheap by Western standards and a good experience to travel.
<U>Facts : </U>
- Population = 200 million
- Main religion = Islam
- Main Language = Bahasa Indonesia
- Currency = Indonesian Rupiah (US$1 = 8740Rp)</FONT>
<I><B>Picture : Gunung Batur, Bali</I></B>
Sun tan lotion, mozzy repellant and patience!Picture : Rice Harvesting, Bali more travel advice
Mainly in Kuta, locals are after as much money off of you as they can get. Bargain hard for anything without a price... more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
Indonesia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guess, what is the fifth element ?"
- "INDONESIA : EXPERIENCE THE UNTOLD STORIES"
- " The country on the EQUATOR LINES "
- "Backpacking Indonesia: Hard Work But Big Rewards"
- "BALI 2004 - the initial bite from the travel bug!"
- "Pleasant ride"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indonesia
- Hotels in Indonesia
- Transportation in Indonesia
- Nightlife in Indonesia
- Restaurants in Indonesia
- Shopping in Indonesia
- Warnings and Dangers in Indonesia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Indonesia
- 17 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Indonesia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indonesia
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 13 photos
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 31 reviews, 5 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (18)
Top Indonesia hotels
- Jakarta Hotels
- 1329 Reviews - 2592 Photos
- Bali Hotels
- 123 Reviews - 440 Photos
- Bandung Hotels
- 310 Reviews - 511 Photos
- Jimbaran Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Yogyakarta Hotels
- 729 Reviews - 1847 Photos
- Kuta Hotels
- 333 Reviews - 724 Photos
- Surabaya Hotels
- 192 Reviews - 397 Photos
- Ubud Hotels
- 520 Reviews - 1297 Photos
- Medan Hotels
- 247 Reviews - 579 Photos
- Solo Hotels
- 121 Reviews - 397 Photos
- Pulau Batam Hotels
- 405 Reviews - 1058 Photos
- Lombok Hotels
- 405 Reviews - 1057 Photos
- Pulau Bintan Hotels
- 457 Reviews - 1170 Photos
- Sanur Hotels
- 105 Reviews - 228 Photos
- Bandung Hotels
- 214 Reviews - 478 Photos