"Vik" Vík by littlebush
Vík Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 96 photos
Vik is lovely little village sat right on the coast set in a valley below a volcanic ridge. The sand is black on the beach, but if you climb up reynisfjall, a hill 340m high you can get a great view of the coastline, looking down on the town. Reynisdrangur are rock formations out in the sea, meant to look like trolls fingers. puffins nest in the cliffs here. I actually stayed about 60km west in Skogar, which has an even smaller community(Vik has about 300 people). In Vik, theres a few shops, bank, and petrol station. In skogar, theres a bank and a hotel, and a lovely waterfall called Skogafoss. About 20km further west of Skogar is a superb waterfall, Seljalandafoss. you can walk round behind it and get very wet!
Near Skogar - Skogafoss & Seljalandafoss are 2 great waterfalls, the latter you can walk behind. In Vik, walk up... more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
Vík Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The door to the south coast"
- "Sharrie's Vik Waterfalls"
- "Why do we Crusa-Vik ourselves?"
- "Salka's new Vik Page"
- "Black beach and puffins!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vík
- Hotels in Vík
- Restaurants in Vík
- Warnings and Dangers in Vík
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vík
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Vík?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vík
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 38 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos