"A mini queenstown" Wanaka by littlebush
Wanaka Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 373 photos
Wanaka's beautiful! Situated on Lake Wanaka, surrounded by mountains and with enough adrenalin sports to keep u going, its a fab pace to spend a while. its an hour from queenstown and a good substitute if you find queesnstown too fast.
wanaka is small but its got a few decent bars/restaurants, and gets busy in the high season. nearby is the awesome mount aspiring national park for walking,scenery.
Theres a few bars in town, 2 irish ones but the main bar is Shooters, busy with backpackers. They do 2 1/2 pint jugs for... more travel advice
I did : Mount Aspiring national park(see seperate pages) for great walks/scenery. Canyoning - a full day abseiling down... more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
Wanaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wanaka! My fav town in South Island!"
- "Warbirds, wonderful scenery and more .."
- "My base camp for NZ snow experience"
- "Wanaka on Lake Wanaka"
- "SCENIC WANAKA"
- "Wanaka and Queenstown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wanaka
- Hotels in Wanaka
- Transportation in Wanaka
- Nightlife in Wanaka
- Restaurants in Wanaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Wanaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wanaka
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Wanaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wanaka
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 48 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 34 reviews, 5 photos
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos