"Great chill out" Ginak Niji by littlebush
Ginak Niji Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 8 photos
Jinack island is a great place to chill out.
Its located 1hour boat ride away from Banjul.
It is 11km by 2km and has just 4 villages on it and a handful (maybe 4) of lodges on it (each with only4-6 rooms).
Therefore its very very quiet - theres no roads, so no traffic.
Tourists are few and far between and so you'll usually have the 11km beach down the west coast all to yourself (and maybe a few local cows).
The beach isnt turquoise carribean standard but its nice enough with gentle waves and cool water.
The island is 2/3 in Gambia and 1/3 in Senegal and it has an invisible border which you can just walk across.
There one village in Senegal, the rest in Gambia although the villagers all speak local Mandinka.
I stayed at Jinack lodge where you can organise a village walk to 2 of the villages which is a great experience.
Overall, it was the highlight of my trip - the kind of place i love to 'sniff out' - depending on your needs will depend on how long you want to stay - you may get bored as theres not much to do but if you enjoy lazing around with no one else around then its heaven.
Jinack Lodge is run by an English guy and a local guy from the village. Its a nice place located right on the beach. Its... more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Ginak Niji
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Ginak Niji?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ginak Niji
Photos in Ginak NijiSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 38 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos