"Tranquility!" Ilha do Bazaruto by littlebush
Ilha do Bazaruto Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 37 photos
The Bazaruto Islands lay 2 hours by dhow off the coast of Vilanculos. There are 5 islands in total, I visited 3 of them - Benguerua, Bazaruto, Magaruque. Bazaruto is by far the largest and the most spectacular with its huge sand dunes. I stayed on Benguerua which probably had the nicest beach and the most amazing chill out atmoshpere! Magaruque wasnt so nice but still owrth seeing. The best way to get to the islands is by traditional dhow. You can do a dhow safari for $50/day which includes all food and transport around the islands. The islands are not built up at all, on Benguerua theres just 2 accomodations. There are small villages on all the islands which are nice to go visit. You can go snorkelling and diving too.
The dhows are not that big so dont take your whole backpack, leave this on the mainland, just take the essentials or... more travel advice
There is no nightlife, just a few casual beers at the bar on Benguerua at Gabrielles. If the generators off then itll be... more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
Ilha do Bazaruto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE MAGNIFICENT BAZARUTO ARCHIPELAGO."
- "Vilanculos of heaven and wonderful things..."
- "MZ - Ilha de Bazaruto"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ilha do Bazaruto
- Hotels in Ilha do Bazaruto
- Transportation in Ilha do Bazaruto
- Nightlife in Ilha do Bazaruto
- Restaurants in Ilha do Bazaruto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ilha do Bazaruto
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Ilha do Bazaruto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilha do Bazaruto
Photos in Ilha do BazarutoSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 46 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 34 reviews, 5 photos
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos