"Whakatane" Whakatane by littlebush
Whakatane Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 59 photos
Not many tourists head out this way but its a shame, Whakatane is a lovely little town with a small fishing harbour. Nearby, just 50km off shore is White Island, an active volcano, which you can get day trips to, see my white Island page for more details.
In town, its nice to just chill out before checking out the surrounding area!
Came back 15years later in 2015 and many more places to sleep drink and eat.
Explored the surrounding area a bit more. Stunning.
On Landing Drive, pretty much where every other lodge is, a 25min walk to the centre, this is a very friendly place,... more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
Whakatane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Whakatane - starting point for White Island"
- "Whakatane - portal to White Island Volcano"
- "An enjoyable Bay of Plenty Town"
- "Whakatane, launch town to visit White Is volcano"
- "Sunniest town in New Zealand"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whakatane
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Whakatane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whakatane
Photos in WhakataneSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 38 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos