"Cool place" Top 5 Page for this destination Tauranga by littlebush
Tauranga Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 54 photos
Tauranga is NZ's fastest growing city, currently 50k people. Its a modern city 2-3 hours from Auckland right on the coast. Its got Mt Maunganui close by, a holiday resort with a lovely beach and a nice feel to it. Tauranga has a nice climate.
My friends have emigrated there from the uk, and its a popular choice for ex-pats.i only had 2 days there but enjoyed the feel of the lifestyle. i wouldnt say its got many big attractions apart from Maunganui, but Rotoruas only 45mins away.
We spent a couple of days in tauranga in jan15.
We airbnb'd with a lovely lady Julie near the city centre
We loved the city and particularly the mount (maunganui) and confirmed that this is he place in nz that we want to live, the lifestyle we dreamed off
While the city isn't amazing, it had everything you need and the hong tops it off.
It's not far from any beaches and close the places like Rotorua and Whakatane and the remote East Cape. Auckland just over two hours away.
Matua village was a nice suburb right down by the harbour water.
The Strand is the main strip of bars and cafés overlooking the water and a great spot for a night out.
We headed out to mclaren falls 11km south which was a nice spot to swim in plunge pools and cascading water.
On 17th avenue, and free to get in but very dead at 430pm on a Winter Saturday Old recreated village with old buildings... more travel advice
Great arty spot with a mix of everything, right by the best chippy in town more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
Tauranga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tauranga - The Large Seaport to the East"
- "Tauranga, in the Bay of Plenty."
- "Cool place"
- "Mount Maunganui"
- "Bay of Plenty - Kiwi Fruit Country."
- "Malaysian food in Tauranga"
- "My Place Of Birth."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tauranga
- Hotels in Tauranga
- Transportation in Tauranga
- Nightlife in Tauranga
- Restaurants in Tauranga
- Shopping in Tauranga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tauranga
- 6 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Tauranga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tauranga
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 38 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos