"Dunedin" Dunedin by littlebush
Dunedin Travel Guide: 340 reviews and 803 photos
Pronounced 'Dun -ee-den', not Dun-i-din, as most(including me) people pronounce it. Its gaelic for Edinburgh and the town as very much a scottish influence and the people here and further south roll there 'R's', like the scots. Dunedin is the second biggest city in the south island and is a big student town with a big uni. Theres a fair bit going on, best to visit when the students are in town if looking for nightlife.The surrounding area is beautiful and you'll need a car to explore it fully.
The Otago Peninsula, a short drive out of Dundin is not to be missed. The road hugs the lake before going out towards... more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
Dunedin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pride of the South"
- "New Zealand's 1st City"
- "Dunedin - "The Edinburgh of the South"."
- "Dunedin, near the Otago Peninsula in the south Is."
- "Dunedin, my favourite City in New Zealand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dunedin
- Hotels in Dunedin
- Transportation in Dunedin
- Nightlife in Dunedin
- Restaurants in Dunedin
- Shopping in Dunedin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dunedin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dunedin
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Dunedin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dunedin
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 46 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 34 reviews, 5 photos
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos