"Perth and Western Australia" Perth by littlebush
Perth Travel Guide: 2,350 reviews and 5,162 photos
Western Australia is the countrys largest state being a third of the whole countrys land mass but it only has a population of 2 million. Perth has a population of just over 1.8 million people. It sits on the River Swan with the port of Fremantle just along the water. It is Australias sunniest capital.
Back in 2001, For me, Western Australia was my favourite part of Australia. Perth was my favourite metropolis and the drive from Perth to Darwin was an experience i will never forget. Perth is a compact laid back city with a great climate. South West of Perth are great beaches(Dunsborough, one of my favourite) and surfing. Up the coast, there are more great beaches, the ningaloo reef,Cape Range national Park, hotter climates, empty roads and plenty of outback! Further up, is the beautiful wilderness of the Kimberle
To see more photos from the West Coast and the rest of WA, click on my travelogue!
To read more about the West Coast, WA, click on the 'General Tips/favourites' tab.
I revisited Perth 12 years later in 2013 and found the place had changed so much!
The population had swelled from 1m in 2001 to 1.8m.
New buildings roads and bars/restaurants had popped up all over.
Perth was booming!
I didnt enjoy it as much as i did when i was just 23, but back then i was just drinking and enjoying the backpacking life. In 2013 i was there scoping out a city to make my new home and start a family!
I left after a 2 week holiday with a sense that it was still a fantastic city, whilst rather boring, still a fabulous place to bring up a family.
Theres no real big sights to see but its all about the beach and the lifestyle, which is why its hard to find something to do when it rains! but i had a fab time again and will soon be calling Perth home!
-Freo-great day out-cafe culture and a different vibe to perth. South beach is nice just a short walk from town. Its $4... more travel advice
8 hours east of Perth is Kalgoorlie. I would recommend a stop in Kal if coming on the train or bus from Adelaide. Its a... more travel advice
- Growing nightlife
- Hostels and Airbnb
- Loads of places springing up...
- Northern Western Australia has...
littlebush's Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
- "Nice Beaches Awesome Sunsets Stunning Wildflowers"
- "Here in Western Australia-Perth"
- "MY TIME IN PERTH"
- "Perth...A Home Away From Home"
- "My Home - PERTH"
- "Perth, Australia - My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 14 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
- updated a Perth Travel Page "Perth and Western Australia"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Printing/Save as PDT the Trip..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rottnest island isnt really..."
- Uploaded a Video to Perth
- Wrote a Review To do in the city... in Perth Things to Do
- Commented on one of AussieKitten's Perth travel pages
Photos in PerthSee All Photos (23)
Videos in PerthSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 38 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos