"Quite spectacular" Petra by littlebush
Petra Travel Guide: 993 reviews and 2,608 photos
I visited Petra on a day tour from Eilat in Israel.
I personally hate tours but i was on a tight timescale so it suited.
It was US $257 per person including border costs, return transport and entry to petra and also a meal in a restaurant.
To be honest, its a rip off and could be done so much cheaper if done on your own (a return taxi from eilat is $35, entry to petra is $55....), but it suited my needs.
I'd read in several books that you need 2 days however i was happy with the 3.5 hours i had there.
If you really want to absorb every part of Petra then yes you need longer but just to see it and experience it, this tour was fine.
Its an amazing place but for me it didnt grab me as one of the seven wonders of the world as its now been voted.
Maybe because id been to egypt and see the wonders of Giza and Abu simbel there, that this didnt make Petra as jaw dropping as i thought it would.
Having said that, it is still very impressive and well worth a visit.
littlebush's Related Pages
Petra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petra : the city of the caravans"
- "Petra: a wonderful town"
- "A love story with Petra"
- "The Nabataean City"
- "Petra - a highlight of Jordan"
- "Just one (almost) perfect day.........."
- "Beatiful stones"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petra
- Hotels in Petra
- Transportation in Petra
- Nightlife in Petra
- Restaurants in Petra
- Shopping in Petra
- Warnings and Dangers in Petra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petra
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Petra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petra
Photos in PetraSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 38 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Auckland Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos