"Not as good as hoped" Eilat by littlebush
Eilat Travel Guide: 304 reviews and 1,011 photos
I spent 2 nights, 1 full day in Eilat.
It took 3.5 hours by car driving at night from Tel Aviv airport to get to Eilat.
Its a beach resort with many russians and israelis holidaying there.
There are many bars/restaurants.
It also has an airport and flying may be a better option if not staying long.
The beach isnt that nice (im referring to the northern beach as there are others so cant comment on them), its stony and very narrow/small.
Food and drink is also quite expensive.
The good thing about Eilat is the closeness to Jordan/Petra and a one day trip is well worth it.
You will pay alot more doing a tour and would no doubt be better doing it yourself but if pushed for time, then this is a good option if willing to pay more.
Overall, i wont rush back but enjoyed the day there.
CafeCafe is a chain in Israel. The one we went in was along by the big hotels on the beach front, about a 5min walk... more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
Eilat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where the sun shines 350 days a year.."
- "Eilat - a resort on the Red Sea"
- "The Ultimate Beach Resort"
- "The tourist city of israel"
- "Eilat - Playground on the Red Sea"
- "Eilat, go south young and old..."
- "Welcome to my Eilat Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eilat
- Hotels in Eilat
- Transportation in Eilat
- Nightlife in Eilat
- Restaurants in Eilat
- Shopping in Eilat
- Warnings and Dangers in Eilat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eilat
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Eilat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eilat
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 38 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Auckland Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos