"Santa Maria" Playa del Este by littlebush
Playa del Este Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
just 20km from havana, there is a picture postcard beach in santa maria.
the beach extends for 7km and the whole area is called playa del este.
we got a taxi (20 cuc but should get gor 15 cuc) to santa maria without booking anything thinking itd be busy and easy to find somewhere - wrong!
we walked around and only found one place which rented out private villas but they were all booked. we then walked to an all inclusive restaurant - Tropicana, which we stayed in for 87 CUC/night (£57) for a double. This included all food and drink. id never been all inclusive before and found it dull but good value. the people staying there were jsut odd.
anyway, the beach is beautiful, water not too hot, so it does actually feel like youre cooling off.
it doesnt get too busy and its nice to just stroll along for a few km to explore.
the waves can be quite big for a bit of fun.
littlebush's Related Pages
Playa del Este Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Playa del Este
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Playa del Este?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Playa del Este
Photos in Playa del EsteSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 33 reviews, 5 photos
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos