"Stunning" Andorra by littlebush
Andorra Travel Guide: 495 reviews and 1,040 photos
I went to Andorra for a weekend, specifically to climb a Via Ferrata (A ladder banged into a mountain for those not familiar).
But whilst there, I had a look around this tiny country and loved it!!
I had one of the best weekends ever!
Sandwiched between Spain and France, Andorra only has 60k people.
It has no train station or airport! Which means that traffic can be busy!
It is a tax free haven and so cars come across both borders in search of cheap fags, booze and what ever else is cheaper, however eating out and drinking or not that cheap.
But the best part about the country is the scenery!!! Its stunning!
I drove my car on pretty much every road, or so it felt like, all over the country and once youre off the main road (Theres really just one main road that runs through the country), you will find a stunning view!
I was surprised how quiet it was in summer (first week in July), I thought it would’ve been busier! I imagine in winter it gets very busy with skiers.
Anyway, the Via Ferrata was great, I did a basic one but it was a good introduction.
I didn’t go out at night or eat out so cant comment on that but did look at the menu’s and seemed a bit pricey!
I got there by car from Girona airport in Spain, only 210km away but don’t be fooled, on the mountain roads it takes a good 3-3.5 hours, however the drive is simply stunning the whole way!!
All in all, a great trip and great place to visit if you love the outdoors and scenery!
Go walking or do a via ferrata! Or take the car and explore this tiny country more travel advice
littlebush's Related Pages
Andorra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great, mountainous, little principality!"
- "ANDORRA, the country at Pyrenees."
- "EL PAIS DELS PIRINEUS"
- "Jewel in the Middle of Pyrenees"
- "Andorra, Petite Gem of the Pyrenees"
- "World's biggest drive-in supermarket"
- "The Small Mountain Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Andorra
- Hotels in Andorra
- Transportation in Andorra
- Nightlife in Andorra
- Restaurants in Andorra
- Shopping in Andorra
- Warnings and Dangers in Andorra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Andorra
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Andorra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andorra
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 40 reviews, 13 photos
- Moscow Intro, 33 reviews, 5 photos
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kimolos Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cook Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Top Andorra hotels
- Andorra la Vella Hotels
- 91 Reviews - 237 Photos
- Arinsal Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Pas de la Casa Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Soldeu Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 28 Photos
- Sant Pere Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Sispony Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Sant Julià de Lòria Hotels
- 9 Hotels
- Ordino Hotels
- 19 Hotels
- Meritxell Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Les Escaldes Hotels
- 1 Review - 6 Photos
- La Massana Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 5 Photos
- La Cortinada Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Erts Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Engordany Hotels
- 13 Hotels
- Encamp Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 21 Photos