"Green Paradise" Perth by dcmanicad

Perth Travel Guide: 2,295 reviews and 4,829 photos

Prior to living in beautiful Perth for seven months, my only Australian familiarities would include my bosses, and Nicole Kidman. So I was very excited when I learned that I will be going there for work assignment. Oh yes, there is a God.

Coming from the metropolitan of Manila, Perth is a green paradise. I've never seen so many green since army training during college. It is so peaceful as well. People are very friendly and laid back. Another big is the change in culture. Coming from a country with a strong American influence, it is refreshing to experience European culture. I even enjoy new sports such as cricket and football (not NFL dummy!).

I really enjoyed my stay there. I met a lot of beautiful and interesting people (and animals!). I went to gorgeous places in and around the city. And I just immersed myself into the Australian lifestyle (yes, even calling breakfast brekkie!).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Wikipedia!

* Perth is the capital of the Australian state of Western Australia. West Australia is almost a third of the whole country.

* Perth was founded on 11 June 1829 by Captain James Stirling as the political centre of the free settler Swan River Colony.

* It has continued to serve as the seat of Government for Western Australia to the present day.

* Perth is located in the southwestern part of Australia.

* The central business district and suburbs of Perth are situated on the Swan River.

* Perth is the most isolated city (of over 1 million people) in the world.

Highlights

Perth Cohunu Park

Perth beaches

Fremantle

Footy (football)

Penguin Island

*** Soon to be updated. What do you expect? I have a day job! (:p)

• Pros:Beautiful city, peaceful place, laid back and very friendy people,
  • Cons:Can be boring for some who are used to the hustles of a metropolitan city
  • In a nutshell:Perth is like one big beautiful park!
  • Intro Updated Nov 12, 2007

• lmc2626's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2008 at 9:01 PM

ganda ng photo shot mo bro.... uyyyyy........madalas kami nag kakasalubong ni joan dito sa rufino :)

• yellowcab's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 4:58 AM

Thumbs up Mr. Aussie boy. You are doing the right thing pre, slowly building your travel pages with the help of Wikki. Pakita mo pre yung hinahabol ka ng dinosaur. it wil be a sure hit!

dcmanicad

“Travelling is the new black”

Badges & Stats in Perth