"Hills, Monkeys, and Powdery White Sand" Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol by dcmanicad

Bohol Travel Guide: 503 reviews and 1,639 photos

“The travel bug bit me right in the ass!” I told myself after visiting this stunning gem of a place.

Quite untouched yet (unlike in Boracay), you may welcome the different feeling that comes with visiting a still undeveloped tourist island(s). There isn’t much hotels yet and tourism isn’t saturated yet, so you will still feel that ‘province living’ unlike in Boracay which is like an Ortigas City brought to the beach (which isn’t bad at all!).

Well, this is the farthest I’ve gone down south of the Philippines (with Batangas being the former). This is the first time I’ve flown domestic as well. First time to book my own flight also! Indeed, this trip is very memorable to me. And visiting the places Bohol is famous for, I really felt the Philippines has A LOT to offer. I now wonder why everyone wants to go abroad for a vacation.

And did I mention about the powdery white sand? Oh man, I am not exaggerating. It is white! And it is powdery indeed! I will have to say that it is much better than the Boracay sand (which is world class as well).

Bad thing Joan and I had on the trip? The trip should have been longer by at least 2 days. And we didn’t get to watch some dolphins and snorkel. Huge mistake!

To fully enjoy the captured images of Bohol, please visit the following:

My picture gallery of Bohol

Mom's Bohol and Cebu trip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me more Wikipedia!

* Bohol is an island province of the Philippines located in the Central Visayas region.

* Its capital is Tagbilaran City.

* It is the 10th largest island in the country, securely nestled in the heart of the Visayas.

* To the west of Bohol is Cebu, to the northeast is the island of Leyte and to the south, across the Bohol Sea is Mindanao

* Boholanos refer to their island homeland as the 'Republic of Bohol' with both conviction and pride

* Bohol's climate is generally dry, with maximum rainfall between the months of June and October. The interior is cooler than the coast.

* Bohol is the home province of Carlos P. Garcia, the fourth president of the Republic of the Philippines (1957-1960) who was born in Talibon, Bohol.

* The main language spoken in Bohol is Boholano which is a dialect of Cebuano.

* The people of Bohol are said to be the descendants of the last group of inhabitants who settled in the Philippines called pintados or “tattooed ones.”

Highlights

Chocolate hills

Tarsier monkeys

Picturesque beaches and shorelines

Historic spots

River Cruise

• Pros:world class beaches, historic tour
  • Cons:a bit pricey with the transportation
  • In a nutshell:A paradise waiting to be discovered
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2007

• yellowcab's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2009 at 5:15 AM

WOW ! This is what i ve been hearing a lot,. the authority in Bohol! Yah! Wish to see this place soon with special someone! alright!

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Great tips. I hope to be able to visit the Phillipines soon and will certainly try to visit Bohol. fergy.

• ravenfox13's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM

Hi there! I'll be going to bohol next week (Sept 13-16,2008) I was just wonderin iof you can give me the number of your driver/tourguide lito :D BTW my contact number is: 09167347011 Your posts here are very helpful and always a good read

• f8stop's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2008 at 5:37 AM

i'd have to agree that bohol's white sand is better than boracay's (although i noticed it absorbs heat much more than bora's yata) thanks for the helpful tips!

• olitrac's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2008 at 9:06 PM

ei dan! great bohol tips and pics too!

• joysweet's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2007 at 6:45 PM

hi dan! how do you get from the airport to the resort?

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2007 at 3:26 AM

Thanks for sharing Daniel. Ang ganda ng mga pics mo. Ilang araw kaya kailangan hanga't makita itong lahat na postings mo? we will be there by next year pero 3 days lang. ingat, juliet

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 5:45 AM

I think you CAN write good pages, nice tips and pictures. Very interesting homepage

• allelli's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2007 at 7:52 PM

nakuha kailangan mapuntahan ko yan dumuluan beach na yan,

• Cess8's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2007 at 5:25 AM

great tips kapatid! sorta nainis ako't di ako natuloy sa bohol ng long weekend, blech!

dcmanicad

“Travelling is the new black”

Badges & Stats in Bohol