"Spa city Ito" Ito by Toshioohsako
Ito Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 10 photos
Ito is in the east coast of Izu Peninsula (Shizuoka Prefecture), 120km from Tokyo. Its famous for its spa and hot spring. There are more than 700 hot spring spa, resort hotels, and gust houses. The city is surrounded by nice nature and the Pacific ocean. Its a nice place to relax and enjoy hot spring.
"Izu Odoriko Go" (Izu Dancer Train) takes you here from Tokyo in 1 h. 40 m.. You can also take Shinkansen"(Bullet Train) from Tokyo and change at Atami (another famous spa city) for Ito.
Its a relatively small town (Pop: 70.000). From this street which is in front of the Ito Station, you can enter small streets which have interesting local shops and restaurants.
Ito exhibits a black ship which used to come from the USA since the time Tokugawa Shougun's 300-year isolation policy. It was Shimoda (see Shimoda album) which was used as a major city of diplomacy and trade.
- Pros:nice hot spring spa everywhere
Its an excellent Sushi and other fish dishes. It has an interesting and relaxed ambiance. The personnel is very pleasant... more travel advice
Toshioohsako's Related Pages
Ito Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ito
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Ito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ito
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsumoto Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Mino Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Klaipeda Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troms Region Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Penang Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Trapani Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos