"Japan opening to the world" Shimoda by Toshioohsako
Shimoda Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 10 photos
Shimoda (population of 25,054) is located at the southern tip of the Izu peninsula about 60 miles (97 km) southwest of Tokyo. Shimoda. Shimoda Japan.
In the 1850s, Japan started to end its national seclusion policy established by Tokugawa Shougun. Shimoda was the main port for political exchange and trade with foreign countries.
Its a small cozy town and one cannot imagine that this city served as the main port of trade with foreign countries. There are several historical monuments and temples which served as centers of conferences or residents of foreign diplomats (e. USA Ambassador Harris).
Toshioohsako's Related Pages
Shimoda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shimoda: A Gateway to Izu Islands"
- "Shimoda and the Izu peninsula"
- "First city open to the west"
- "Japan opening to the world"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shimoda
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Shimoda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shimoda
Photos in ShimodaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsumoto Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Mino Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Klaipeda Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troms Region Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Penang Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Trapani Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos