"Vevey - a most beautiful lakeside city" Top 5 Page for this destination Vevey by Toshioohsako
Vevey Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 85 photos
Vevey is located in the northeastern shore of Lake of Geneva (Lac Leman) and is known for its beauty - the combination of a cozy city, blue water lake and snow-covered mountains. Ernest Hemingway, Charle Chaplin and other famous people lived here. Its about an hour train ride from Geneva.
A book says that Hemingway lived here and was impressed by the city and the nature surrounding this city.
You agree with his observation especially when the snow-covered mountains are clearly seen over the lake.
Charlie Chaplin had also a summer house here and his statue is standing the middle of the promenade street.
He must have enjoyed his holiday here when he was vacationing and not entertaining the audience with his comical and mischievous acts.
- Pros:a pleasant time to spend here
- Cons:nothing particular
- In a nutshell:A most beautiful place in the world
Its relatively a small shop but is full of swiss milk products various Swiss cheese, milk, wine, bread, biscuits, jam,... more travel advice
Toshioohsako's Related Pages
Vevey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vevey – "Calm Twin" on Lake Geneva"
- "Vevey - a most beautiful lakeside city"
- "daytrip to Vevey"
- "Vevey - Charming City on Lake Geneva in Suisse"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vevey
- Hotels in Vevey
- Transportation in Vevey
- Restaurants in Vevey
- Shopping in Vevey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vevey
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Vevey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vevey
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsumoto Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Mino Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Klaipeda Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troms Region Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Penang Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Trapani Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos