"Sacred Montserrat" Top 5 Page for this destination Serra de Montserrat by Toshioohsako
Serra de Montserrat Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 181 photos
Its located 50km North-west of Barcelona. You can take bus, train, taxi (if 3-4 people together is cheap) and your own car. I shared a taxi with 3 more conference participants and each person cost 50 € for round trip (cheaper than guided tourist bus). The taxi took us for 45 minutes and we had about four hours to look around.
The scenery here is great and unique with steep rock faces on every side. The monastery runs the Escolania, a school of church music and pupils song the "Salvr" of the Ave Maria. I want to spend more time next time I come.
It is a "must" place when while visiting Barcelona if you like the nature, monastery and Cathedral.
The shape of the mountain is unique and the towering rock faces over the monastery is even more unique. Its a symbol of the sacred Montserrat.
Walking along the narrow paths of Sant Joan is a joyful and pleasant experience. One feels the greatness of the nature, fresh air and the beautiful valleys.
- Pros:nature beauty
- In a nutshell:changing trains and cables cars take a little bit time
Visiting Bsilica (Catherdral) and taking mountain trains to go to Sant Loan from which you see the panorama view of the... more travel advice
To have a magnificent mountain and landscape of Sant Joan, Montserrat, take the mountain train (Funicular Sant Joan to... more travel advice
Toshioohsako's Related Pages
Serra de Montserrat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MONTSERRAT MOUNTAIN"
- "Montserrat - A Day Trip from Barcelona"
- "Montserrat - beautiful mountains with monastery"
- "Sacred Montserrat"
- "In the mountains of Montserrat"
- "Hiking route 3"
- "The mysterious Holy Mountain of Catalunya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serra de Montserrat
- Hotels in Serra de Montserrat
- Transportation in Serra de Montserrat
- Restaurants in Serra de Montserrat
- Shopping in Serra de Montserrat
- Warnings and Dangers in Serra de Montserrat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Serra de Montserrat
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Serra de Montserrat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serra de Montserrat
Photos in Serra de MontserratSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsumoto Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Mino Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troms Region Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Penang Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Trapani Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Miyajima Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos